Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A to Z: S




The A to Z Challenge is underway this year, thanks to the awesome hosts and minions. Special thanks to Arlee Bird for starting this amazing blogging challenge!!! For more information about this challenge, go to the website!

Primary theme: World of Aramatir (Setting for The Champion Trilogy) Glossary
Secondary Theme: World-Building Questions and Thoughts
S

Salene Gray – daughter of Lord Gray of the Desert Province, and Sword Master Apprentice – eventually the Lady – Protector

Samuel – a former Champion of Septily

Septily – a kingdom of seven provinces, with a King, a Council of Governors, and the Triune Council all ruling it.

Stelia (Sarya Tellia) – Master of the Sword, all disciplines, currently acting as a Sword Scout for Septily’s Triune Halls, and as Clara’s mentor.


World Building Thought/Question: What is the stimulus in the world that starts the story or the character in motion?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tyrean!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. This is a fun theme! I like the idea of creating a glossary of terms and characters for your novel. I'll keep that idea tucked away. May use it for my own some day!

The world building question is really good. I forget a lot of times that the setting, the world, IS a character and SHOULD affect the characters and the story.

Cheers!
Jen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! Thanks, Jen! I needed your comment today. :)

Laurel Garver said...

That is a great question. It can be easy to become so enamored with the world you build that you forget to build in a crisis or change moment that means this story could only happen in this milieu. Great food for thought!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Laurel! Glad you liked the question. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I used war in two of my books.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I noticed, but I don't think that was the only stimulus - the whole teleportation aspect I think stimulated quite a bit of the story too. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you! Nice to meet you too. :)

SK Anthony said...

Oooh, you keep making me think! Hmm I would have to go with betrayal and pain? I have to give this more thought.

When I finally get to start reading The Champion trilogy, I have to come stalk your A to Z. I'm sure I'll have a lot "uh-huh!" moments. I find that exciting! To find out more through your blog about "people" I know. :D

Tyrean Martinson said...

SK - Cool. :)

Nigel G Mitchell said...

In my latest book, the death of a close friend is the stimulus. I like how detailed the world you've created is

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Nigel!