Friday, September 6, 2013

1 Word with L. Diane Wolfe! and a tiny Celebration

As a new feature on my blog, I'll be hosting a series of guests for "1 Word" Interviews! My hope is to highlight authors and bloggers in super short interviews that will give you a taste of their awesomeness and make you long for more. Then you can follow the links I'll provide and get to know them better through their blogs and books.

To kick off the series, I have the privilege of hosting L. Diane Wolfe, author, motivational speaker, and photographer!
L Diane Wolfe Promo 2.jpg

1. What's your current favorite word?
 
Buddy! (It's the nickname we have for our cat, Spunky.)
 
2. In one word, what inspires you?
 
Dreams
 
3. What's one word that describes your writing habits?
 
Sporadic
 
4. What's one word that you wish you could get rid of in your writing?
 
Was (I'm better, but I still fight this word.)
 
5. What's one word that describes your writing desk?
 
Organized (If I can use two, it would be scary organized.)
 
6. Share the best writing advice/tool/quote that helps you. (please limit to one sentence)
 
I'll go with tool - Dragon's Naturally Speaking program, because I can speak my first draft into the computer without having to type it.
 
7. What's your current project?
 
I'm considering taking four novelette length stories and combining them into one book, Four in Darkness. (Yes, it would lean toward the paranormal.)
 
 I loved Diane's answers, although I admit "scary organized" is not how I would describe my writing area. :) I'm looking forward to reading her new series, and I highly recommend her latest book. To get to know Diane more, check out the info and links below.
 
L. Diane Wolfe
Professional Speaker & Author
 
Known as “Spunk On A Stick,” Wolfe is a member of the National Speakers Association and the author of numerous books. Her latest title, “How to Publish and Promote Your Book Now,” covers her publishing seminars in depth and provides an overview of the entire process from idea to market. “Overcoming Obstacles With SPUNK! The Keys to Leadership & Goal-Setting”, ties her goal-setting and leadership seminars together into one complete, enthusiastic package. Her NA/YA series, The Circle of Friends, features morally grounded, positive stories. Wolfe travels extensively for media interviews and speaking engagements, maintains a dozen websites & blogs, and assists writers through her author services.
 
BookI.jpg
 
How to Publish and Promote Your Book Now.jpgHow to Publish and Promote Your Book Now!
By L. Diane Wolfe
$14.95 Trade paperback ISBN 978-0-9827139-5-2
$4.99 Ebook ISBN 978-0-9827139-9-0

 
Celebrate the Small Things!
School started in our homeschooling house, and so far, so good. :)

32 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Fun interview! Talk about narrowing down your answers, though. :)

Good luck with the new school year!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you again, Tyrean.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Organized doesn't describe me!

Dani said...

Great little interview there! I don't know how homeschooling paretns do it, but I'm proud of you for taking it on and good luck!

mshatch said...

I'm still working on 'was' too. It takes a lot of practice to develop new habits.

Arlee Bird said...

I'm a big fan of dreams in all respects of the word.

For me "organized desk" is an oxymoron.

Lee
A Faraway View

SK Anthony said...

Awww love it! Great fun interview ;)

Diana, I don't have a desk but if you'd like to organize my kids closet..... lol

Glad homeschooling is going good so far!

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

Great job with the answers and interview! Glad things are going well so far with school. Happy weekend.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I like the one word interviews. I can personally attest to how useful L. Diane's book is.

Julie Flanders said...

This is such a great feature that you've started. Enjoyed Diane's interview and I look forward to more. These are fun to read!

Glad that schooling is going well so far. Enjoy your weekend!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Mshatch, I have a little sign with WAS in the middle and a red circle with a slash over it to remind me.

SK, I could do it!

Thank you, Susan.

Mark Means said...

Very cool and, from following Diane, I can believe she's 'scary organized' :)

Have a great weekend, Tyrean :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

One word interviews is definitely a different take on the traditional ones.

Tara Tyler said...

love this interview format, it takes skill to pick the perfect word!

loved the answers too! look fotward to hearing more about diane the paranormal writer!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Madeline - glad you liked it! I'm just trying to give a teaser for each person I interview!

Diane - Thank you!

Alex - Really? I figured you must be organized to stay so good at being a Ninja!

Dani - Thanks! We just homeschool one day at a time, like anything else.

mshatch - I agree. Was is a tough word to get rid of in writing.

Arlee - Your desk sounds like mine. :)

SK - Thanks! Diane could definitely help me organize a few things here too. What do you think, Diane?

Susan - yes, it is!

Julie - glad you liked it! Hope you have a great weekend too!

Diane - great idea! I should make one of those signs.

Mark - Yes, you can see it in her posts - she's definitely organized!

Have a great weekend!

Michael - yes, I thought it might be nice to do something a little different.

Rachna Chhabria said...

I liked Diane's answers. An organized desk is something I have managed with some effort.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great interview. Loved learning more about Diane. I see her on many of the blogs I follow.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Tara - Thanks! Glad you liked it and I'm looking forward to Diane's new projects too!

Rachna - Glad you liked them. Organization is a tough one for me.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Natalie - Thanks! Diane's a great writer, blogger and photographer!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Cool interview and dreams was a cool answer. Best of luck with your book/novella plans.

Maurice Mitchell said...

A surprisingly effective interview. What's wrong with "was?" I was using it all day till I was told I was using it too much.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Tara, I hope I get time to write paranormal.

Maurice, and that was how it all started...

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That Spunky lady is so good, she makes it all seem so easy. I admire her.

My writing space is "scary chaos and clutter." In fact, you can't see the desk.

Happy weekend, Tyrean.
xoRobyn

Rhonda Albom said...

I love your one word interview, and Diane did such a great job coming up with great descriptive answers. We homeschool too, but down under our year started in Feb.

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes
Visiting from the celebrate blog hop

Unknown said...

This was a great interview idea. I love the one-word or one-sentence idea! Was-- loved that.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Robyn, want someone to help you clean it?

Julie, was is my crutch word.

Anonymous said...

Organized -- right on. But that Dragon dictation software was more trouble than it was worth. I might give it another try in a few years when they work the bugs out. Or when I have arthritis.

Heather R. Holden said...

Ooh, I love the idea of one-word interviews! I can't imagine what it must be like to be scary-organized, 'cause if anything, I'm scarily disorganized, haha...

Pam Williams said...

Love this idea, Tyrean! Sometimes I have trouble reading through long interviews but this was just the right length to whet my appetite and motivate me to check out Diane's work!
Thanks for stopping by 2 Encourage. I always am blessed by your comments.
Blessings!
Pam
2 Encourage
In need of encouragement as a writer?
A to Z Devotions for Writers

VikLit said...

Love the feature ;)

& good luck with the schooling!

Karen Lange said...

Love the interview idea! Fun to get to know Diane even better. Thanks to both of you for sharing.

Cheering you and your gang on in your homeschool journey! :)

Unknown said...

Loving that LD has a cat named Spunky! LOL Also loving this new feature. :)