Friday, September 28, 2012

Set posts and Writing Prompt Friday, pt. 1

My blogging has been scattered lately . . .I am so thankful to all the awesome people who keep me going with blogfests and upcoming guest posts (two guests will be here in October!).

In the next month or three, I'm going to be ramping up the intensity of my revision work on Champion in the Darkness and getting all the i's dotted and the t's crossed for self-publishing.

Since I still want to visit all of you super awesome bloggers, I've decided to do some set posts (with the exception of blogfest or guest post days) for the next two months. (I have something in mind for December - anyone up for Hobbit Days, or a Hobbit Blogfest on December 12? I might need help with a fest)

Fridays - Writing Prompts

Mondays - Encouraging Quotes

Wednesdays - Blogger Highlights/Celebrate This! . . .in other words I'll be celebrating you, you, and you . . .so please e-mail with your awesome accomplishments, or stick them in the comment section. And, if I don't get any accomplishment updates . . .I'll be highlighting blog posts and blogs that I enjoy! Also look for the upcoming Celebrate This! tab to see how best to help me highlight you!

Writing Prompt Friday:
This group of writing prompts is from A Writer's Book of Days by Judy Reeves. They can either be done as free-writing prompts, or you can use them as character exercises . . .just try to picture how each of them fits with an MC and go from there.

  • the language of fire
  • we kept in in the basement
  • driving a rented truck
  • what I said was not what I was thinking
Next Friday I'll bring some prompts of my own making.


So does anyone else do set writing posts when they are strapped for time? Want to help with a Hobbit Fest in December? Have an accomplishment or a super awesome blog post you want highlighted next Wednesday?



5 comments:

Luanne G. Smith said...

I've sometimes wondered if I should have a regular weekly or monthly feature on my blog, just to give me something regular to write about. Haven't come up with anything yet, but I still think it's a worthy idea. :P

And a Hobbit blogfest would be a blast. I am so looking forward to that movie. I might go get in line now. :))

Tyrean Martinson said...

L.G. - I'm totally excited about The Hobbit too.
I'm not sure about the regular feature thing for my blog . . .but it seems like a possible time saver for me at the moment. I'm just worried that I'll bore everyone with it.

M Pax said...

I made a schedule for posts. I think it helps. Mondays--astronomy/sci-fi, Wednesdays--feature other authors, Fridays--talk about my writing doings [things I attend and my progress].

What'd you have in mind for the Hobbit fest? I can get you a linky link. Or if you need cohosts, I could help. Let me know.

Karen Lange said...

It's hard to keep up with blogging sometimes no matter what stage you are in, so I think this is a good idea. I sort of had a theme going for a bit, and then let it go. Mondays were more informative posts, Thursdays were lighter with maybe links and things. May get back to that yet. Or not. lol

Happy weekend!

Tyrean Martinson said...

M Pax - I just had a short idea . . .and I would love to have your help!!! I'll e-mail you with some of my ideas/details.

Karen - Thanks for the encouragement Karen! Sometimes I think a schedule can help, and sometimes it doesn't.