Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gingerbread 2011 Gummi Bear Treehouse



My kids had a dream of multiple Gingerbread treehouses with walkways of fruit leather, and a zipline of floss and gingerbread. As you can see, we didn't quite get to that level, but we did have a lot of fun.

We have one main treehouse, with two tree platforms - one for cooking gummi worms over a firepit, and one for eating gummi worms.

In the background, the gummi bears are on the forest floor hunting for wild gummi worms with toothpick spears.

My kids ideas . . . really.

Laughter greeted this gingerbread scene when family members viewed, and I hope it gives you that same kind of joy.

I know that fantasy action adventure isn't quite what you might expect out of gingerbread, but in my household, it isn't that surprising.

Now, if I could just get my kids to be Star Wars fans . . . we could try a Milleium Falcon gingerbread scene . . . but so far, they aren't taken with that idea.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But with the Gummi Bears, they almost have an Ewok village - they are so close and they don't even know it! Keep trying.

Angie said...

It's so cute. Great job!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - True!

Angie - Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

BTW - that's all gingerbread, frosting, and gummi worm - and all edible by my family - all gluten free, corn free, soy free, etc free. The brown frosting has cocoa in it, and the pillars/tree trunks are layered gingerbread cookies.