Friday, September 16, 2011

Slipping Through My Fingers Like Grains of Sand

In my last post I mentioned that there would be/might be something special today . . . and I had my dates wrong. This has been an all too common occurance this last week. I've forgotten a myriad of details like:

sending a fax to a friend, sending a mailing and a fax of my homeschool intent form to the school district (remembered on the last possible legal day), purchasing ski/snowboard season passes before they turned expensive (the passes were $20 less yesterday but I forgot until today), sending an important e-mail to the worship team at my church, and getting to the grocery store for dog food.


And . . . last but not least (although not of first importance to my dogs), not knowing the date that my story of my grandma's story "The Horse and the Well" will be featured on Christine Tyler's blog. That's the something special I thought might be today - I'm just getting a little ahead of things. September 30th, Christine Tyler is hosting half of that story on her blog, and the rest will be found here. This will take place thanks to Christine's awesome Sparkfest, and her sweet invitation.

So, have you ever let details slip through your fingers like grains of sand into a tide of forgetfulness?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

More often than I care to admit...

Pam Williams said...

Most certainly! I like to think that forgetfulness comes from having too much stuff in my brain and that's when details slip through my fingers. :)

Angie said...

Oh, my goodness. All. The. Time. My brain feels like a sieve! Guess I'll blame it on turning 40. ;) Can't wait to see your story!

Carol Riggs said...

Absolutely, I can SO relate. I feel really dumb when I can't remember anything. I have to write EVERYthing down, and then, I have to remember to read what I've written down! (or...where I put the note that I've written it on...)

That's cool about your story, though! Have a great weekend. :)

Keena said...

yes, more than I'd like

Bob Sanchez said...

All the time, and it's not just my age. In college I once forgot the day of a final exam. That course didn't go well. ;-)

Tyrean Martinson said...

To All Who Have Been Awesome Commentators - Thanks for your sweet understanding, and for sharing your own "moments" of forgetfulness. And Thanks for the Reminder Alex!!!