Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7th Writing and Living with Joy!

This week is by far better than last week. I have more energy, which seems to equate to more time. My kids have a friend over, and I have a clean house. I've walked every day, yesterday I swam a 1/4 mile in addition to my 3 mile walk, and today I managed a 4 mile walk-jog. I feel great! And my writing has been flowing a bit better too.

In fact, I just want to get back to that writing right now, and skip posting, but I have a little something to share from A Writer's Book of Days by Judy Reeves.

"The writer-self is the part of you that is unequivocally for your writing and believes in you absolutely. This is the sweet voice that urges you to put pen to paper and tells you writing is noble and necessary and names the many ways it adds to the quality of life . . . You can tell when the writer self is present when

*You look forward to your writing time and go on the arm of joy to the special writing place you created.

*You're not writing - it's before or after your writing time - but anticipatory or lingering thoughts of writing come to you, prologues or epilogues to doing the work.

*You can't help yourself - if a scribble of paper is there along with a pen, you write something. Words or phrases, an image, or the line of a poem. Crayons and paper at a restaurant table make you giddy."

Reeves' writing prompt for July 7th is:

"I remember once in _________________________________"




Write, enjoy, live life, and laugh today!!!

Scripture Blessings:
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I need to get in touch with my writer-self...

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - I thought you were! For me, it changes from day to day . . . yesterday was awesome, this morning was awesome . . . for a little while, and then I stopped making progress at all. Came to a dead stand still, and lost touch with my writer self, and came in touch with my "tired-from-my-daughters'-sleepover" self.
Hope you get in touch with your writer self soon, and I hope mine comes back.