Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Book of Names



Teaser Tuesday: The Book of Names by D. Barkley Briggs

"'Think, Ewan,' he told himself. He was surprised at his momentary calm. 'Think.'
It seemed pointless to call for help. The woods were empty. He tried to retrace what had happened in his mind, feeling a vague sense of body memory, dressing in his coat, wandering to the briar patch, carrying his flute. How could he have sleepwalked the whole thing? Played music, crawled through? Yet he knew it wasn't a normal kind of sleepwalking. But then . . . what? He had obviously been transported somewhere."


For Teaser Tuesday, I'm making some of my own Teaser Tuesday rules: short passage of a book I'm reading, passage of my choice that I hope will tantalize your taste in reading.

Check out The Book of Names at Amazon
if you like Christian Fantasy Adventure!

Scripture Blessings:

"I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. the city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no days will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:22-27

and

"'Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.'" Revelation 22:14

5 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Intriguing teaser! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks for stopping by Golden Eagle!

Joanne said...

Sounds like a good book! thanks. I love the bible verses especially the last one.
Blessings, Joanne

Karen Lange said...

I've not heard of this book, thanks for bringing it to my attention! Love your new look! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Joanne - It's a fun read, and I'm planning to read it to my kids next . . . I love being able to share great stories with them that entertain and share our faith background. I like the last scripture best too! Blessings!

Karen - You're welcome. I like finding new books. And Thanks for noticing the new look! Blessings!