Friday, January 21, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 235 and 236

Today I'm giving thanks and praise for 2 days worth of blessings:

Thursday Blessings:

1. Discovered the problem in our walls may only be "kind of" bad instead of "rip off the whole wall" kind of bad.

2. Finished homeschool lessons.

3. My husband took the girls to dance class.

4. I had a break, and decided to dance all over my living room . . . trying to remember some of those tap steps I used to know, and then tried to remember some of my fencing footwork.

5. Went to the library, and picked up 6 books to read . . . even if I don't read them all, I will still skim them with love.

6. Watching an old show that makes us laugh on Netflix.

7. Reading the rough draft of my novel of bedtime storytime, on request from my kids.

8. Talking to a friend at just the right moment.

9. Starting in on one of my library books, a book recommended to me by a fellow blogger. Farworld is even better than I expected it to be, and I am recommending it to my daughters based on the third that I've read so far.

10. Spending a few minutes with my husband each day.


Friday Blessings:

1. Getting the house cleaner that it has been in months, despite the vacuum cleaner breaking. I'm so thankful that I vacuumed those few carpeted areas yesterday, and today I was able to broom and mop the hard stuff.

2. A new shower curtain.

3. A last minute present purchased by my younger daughter for her older sister.

4. Birthday party excitement.

5. Laser tag.

6. Video arcades.

7. Girls playing their version of "We are the Raisins!"

8. Girls making their own pizza, and decorating their own cake.

9. Girls who eat fruit and veggies first.

10. Presents are fun, but the friends are the best part of a party.

11. Art projects, and video game fun.

12. Girls getting quieter without a parent having to ask . . . I think all the running play tired them out.

13. Sleeping bags, pillows, and rest.


Scripture Blessings:
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Luke 18:1-8

No comments: