Tuesday, December 7, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 191

Giving Thanks and Praise for these Blessings today:

1. Dancing in the streets of Seattle! I didn't do this, but a wonderful young woman from our dance studio did, and it is so much fun, I thought I would share:
Umbrella

2. Finding this poem in my archives.
A Sonnet of Praise
So great my mind can’t hold you or conceive
Of your vast, amazing, grace-filled being
It takes my soul a moment to believe
To surrender my notions of knowing
To the great I Am, the One who is three
singing the Word in perfect harmony.
Created, directed, redeemed by love
that lights our ways like the wings of a dove
whose feathers shimmer in the morning rays,
shining for the truth, the life and the way.

3. Reading through my poetry, I've realized that I write a lot about my dogs and this strikes me as both funny, and fitting. I grew up reading Snoopy comics, and watching the Underdog and Scooby Doo. Now, I write about my Rhodesian Ridgeback and my Beagle.

4. Christmas lights.

5. Sleeping in on a home-school morning. We are so thankful for being able to sleep in when it's needed (like when someone is sick).

6. A girl with three pony tails at dance classes.

7. My oldest daughter loves glitter and sequins. She is wearing gold sequined boots, a gold sequined scarf-belt and a silver sequined neck scarf over her dance clothes tonight.

8. The Nutcracker Coloring contest at our dance studio.

9. Giggling dancers.

10. The Lord provides us with joy.

Scripture Blessings:
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."
Psalm 51:12

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Tyrean -

Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a Follower. I've become a Follower here.

Congrats on winning NaNo! I didn't participate, but admire the tenacity of those who did.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Susan - both for following and for your kind words!