Friday, October 22, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 146

Giving thanks for all of these amazing blessings and more:

1. Free Family Move Night!!! It's an event my church hosts, and I get to help out. We have a movie on the big sanctuary screens, free popcorn, free candy and free water, and it's really fun.

2. How to Tame Your Dragon for Free Movie Night! I know the movie isn't like the book, but I like both.

3. Feathers everywhere . . . Halloween costumes are still in progress. My daughters are both making fanciful costumes that involve fantastical fairy tale creatures of their own making . . . half peacock, half butterfly, and half peacock, half leopard. This all started with masks purchased inexpensively at a Shakespeare Festival.

4. New, non-leaking skylights, ceiling paint, and new toilet all installed in the upstairs bathroom!!! Now we are waiting for the cabinet (had to be custom for our odd sized bathroom), countertop and shower "surround". My hubby and I have plans for more towel racks, and I'm just excited to see the pieces all coming together.

5. Wonderful friends who are willing to talk out any miscommunications or differences of opinion. I love forgiveness and forgiving attitudes . . . people who are willing to work with others and move forward.

6. The truth sets us free, and there is freedom in knowing that the truth will come out eventually in a particular situation that I've been bathing in prayer on a daily basis. In tough times, God gives me strength. When faced with lies and slander, I have to pray for guidance, for patience, and for the truth to become clear and evident.

7. Art projects with my mom, and my daughters. I'm not an artist, but I like to relax with paints, stickers, glue and messiness.

8. Cardboard houses, painted, and decorated for Halloween.

9. 210 people at movie night from age 4 weeks to age 93. Laughter in the sanctuary. Big smiles on kids faces.

10. The Lord is our greatest treasure.

Scripture Blessings:"The earth is the Lord's and
everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it."
Psalm 24:1

No comments: