Tuesday, September 7, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 101

365 Days of Blessings, Day 101

1. The Lord provides.

2. This post marks the 101 days of counting blessings, and keeping track on-line with these posts. I am so thankful for this project, even if there have been moments that it has been a struggle for me to write them. It seemed so simple when I started it, and it is simple. I just simply need to be thankful . . . instead of grouchy, and quick to complain.

3. Every little bit of thankfulness counts.

4. I feel changed by thankfulness.

5. When I find myself complaining, I often stop and think, "whoa, do I really want to do this?"

6. When I stop complaining, and start thanking . . . other people around me do the same. We pull each other out of the mire of discontented thinking.

7. Or, on the reverse of number 6, when I start complaining, sometimes people around me say, "hey, what about that counting blessings-thankfulness thing? You know we can be thankful for . . . " - and they point me in the right direction.

8. Thankfulness changes relationships for the better.

9. Thankfulness draws me closer to God.

10. I want to live my life with a thankful heart, and I feel like I'm closer to reaching that goal now more than ever before.

Extra Blessings:
1. My mom-in-law's birthday was yesterday! She is a wonderful woman of strength, perseverence, and faithfulness. I am so thankful that she is in my life! Happy Birthday Mary!!!

2. I water-skied yesterday for the first time in 12 years!

3. Ice is a blessing on a sore knee joint.

Writing Blessings: Check out the September Table of Contents at Every Day Poets

Scripture Blessings:

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields like empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights."

Habakkuk 3:17-19

My life is so blessed! Our country is so blessed with fruitfulness! And yet, do we rejoice in the Lord? Do I?

I am thankful, Lord, and I will rejoice! Amen!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah, for 100 days of blessings! I love your posts (even though I don't read everyone. I only read blogs a couple of days a week). I love the scriptures you post too. And thankfulness is so important.

Jill Kemerer said...

Hmm...I'm guessing the sore knee joint and water skiing were related? :) Thanks for reminding me to be thankful!

Karen Lange said...

More rejoicing is a good thing, and I need to do it! :)
Blessings,
Karen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - thanks! It's ok if you don't read every one of these posts - there are so many . . . and I only get to read blogs a few days a week as well.

Jill - yes, the sore knee joint came from the water skiing, and the strange thing is I don't remember hurting it while on the skis, but I was hurting just a few hours later. Thanks for your wonderful Friday goal posts!

Karen - Rejoicing is a wonderful, awesome thing, and we all need to hear and do more of it :-). Blessings!!!