Saturday, August 14, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 77

Shared Blessings:
1. Cathy Nelson, my first Sunday School teacher, and a wonderful mentor, recently returned from a mission trip to Finetown, South Africa. In her recent posts on facebook, she has shared the amazing ministry of "Mama's house." As she says, "Mama has 10 foster children who live with her and her house is the gathering place for the 15 caregivers who live and volunteer their time in the informal settlement community of Finetown. With only a bare minimum of supplies they serve as visiting nurses to the sick who have HIV/AIDS, TB, diabetes, heart conditions, etc. They deliver their medications, record their health conditions and educate the patients about their illnesses. There is also a soup kitchen here that Mama operates several days a week. What a woman!"
Thank you for letting me share some of your blessings, Cathy!

365 Days of Blessings, Day 77
1. God's Word confronts us with our sin, and then brings peace with salvation.

2. We've been given enough to share with others.

3. Sharing can be fun, joyful, and life-changing.

4. Looking through shaded pines and firs to see a Madrona in full sunlight, curving into the blue sky.

5. The friendly "Mrrrow" of my cat.

6. The thump of my Rhodesian Ridgeback's tail.

7. The white-tipped banner of my Beagle's tale. He doesn't wag it as much as hold it really high when he's happy.

8. Bright, colorful art by Mary Engelbreit.

9. Waking up in the cool, quiet mornings, and knowing my family is nearby, sleeping peacefully.

10. Contentment, that strangely elusive feeling that settles for a moment in my soul, and then . . . well, I find that I need to be up and about my business for the day.

Extra Writing Blessing for the day: The itch of a story in the back of my mind, gaining my attention moment by moment as I prepare for my writing time.

Website for the day: Confident Writing


Scripture for the Day:

"'How can I give you up, Ephraim?
How can I hand you over Israel?
How can I treat you like Admah?
How can I make you like Zebolim?
My heart is changed within me;
all my compassion is aroused.
I will not carry out my fierce anger,
nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim.
For I am God, and not man --
the Holy one among you.
I will not come in wrath.
They will follow the Lord;
he will roar like a lion.
When he roars,
his children will come trembling
from the west.
They will come trembling
like birds from Egypt,
like doves from Assyria.
I will settle them in their homes,'
declares the Lord."
Hosea 11:8-11

No comments: