Sunday, August 1, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 64(LATE)

365 Days of Blessings, Day 64 - A Day Late!

1. God saves us . . . from our sin, from our selfishness, and from a life of loneliness and pain.

2. Our bathroom linoleum is all gone! And my husband has realized that the entire upstairs bathroom needs to be gutted and re-done by professionals thanks to the smell of the underflooring, and the state of the 60 year old pipes. It's going to cost, but we have some savings and we're tired of that musty, "what is that?" smell.

3. We have savings. I know I mentioned that earlier, but I'm still thankful.

4. We have good doctors just minutes away, and my husband went in to see about his back after church today. He lifted something wrong for the first time in his life, and has muscle spasms, but he is resting (some) and will be taking muscle relaxer later. It's good to have such quick and easy access to medical care.

5. After worship today, setting up some decor for VBS a whole week early, and enjoying great fellowship.

6. The Decorating Vision of two young adults who are making the Bible Adventure area perfect . . . so I could help my daughters with some of the pre-school decor.

7. Our beloved visitation Pastor gave his last sermon as our Pastor yesterday, and we gave him a standing ovation. In light of his amazing, lifelong ministry, I think he deserves even more. Pastor Art gave the sermon that started this blessings project, so I think I will be putting up something on the side bar to highlight that. Our Lead Pastor also inspired me to have an attitude of gratitude, but Pastor Art specifically said, "If we truly took the time to count our blessings, we would be counting for all eternity."

8. Our team won our first game in the church softball play-offs! That means we get to play again next weekend.

9. An amazing thing happened at the game yesterday: I made the last out. Me, the catcher with few ball handling skills! I picked up the ball, stood on home plate while the runner came toward me, and then I tagged her to make certain I had the out.

10. Hearing my daughters yell: "Go Mommy!" from behind the backstop while I was up at bat.

Shared Blessing: My husband told me yesterday morning that he is thankful for me, his wife. (Isn't he a sweet guy? Definitely a keeper.)

Website for the day: One of my favorite websites for short, Christian fantasy fiction and poetry - Mindflights

Scripture for the Day: "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love that quote by Pastor Art. So true! Thanks for the link to Mindflights. :)

Karen Lange said...

What wonderful blessings! I count you among my treasured blog friend blessings:)
Have a wonderful week,
Karen

Tyrean Martinson said...

Angie - you're welcome for the link. Mindflights is a great site, and I highly recommend it to friends and family.

Karen- Thank you so much! You are a treasured blog friend too.

Have a blessed day!