Sunday, June 27, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 29

365 Days of Blessings, Day 29

1."For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

2. "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13

3. The Lord, Creator of heaven and earth, knit me together in my mother's womb. He knows me, and he knows you. (founded on Psalm 139 and other scriptures)

4. My husband helped me with some housework yesterday, early in the morning, before he put in a full day's worth of work on his Dad's RV.

5. Batting practice for church softball yesterday . . . I made contact with the ball most of the time! And I caught a few! I needed that since I'm not an experienced natural with team sports of any kind.

6. My oldest daughter went to her first Middle School Youth Group event last night, an overnight at our church with an amazing youth leader. I'm excited for her, and yet I wish I had a little more time with my "baby" girl.

7. My youngest daughter had fun helping with the RV roof yesterday, even though I wasn't sure I liked her tap-dancing up there. With her daredevil attitude I guess I can be thankful that she's not one of those Charleston dancers from the 20's who danced on airplanes in flight. Hopefully my husband and I can steer her towards fun thrills with a safety harnass involved.

8. New Windows in the entryway and Kitchen!!! All installed, cleaned up, and double-paned with sliders in the kitchen . . . which means I can open my kitchen windows for the first time!!! Woohoo!

9. A great team of window guys who installed our windows with friendly professionalism, cheery attitudes, and hard work. Plus, I'm thankful for the "window guy" who set it all up . . . he happens to be the Dad of the smallest company dancer at our dance studio. She's five years old and competing at nationals with a tap trio. Watch out Shirley Temple!

10. Sometimes nothing is more profound than the masterpiece that God paints every morning in the sky.

Ezekiel is a tough prophet to read on some mornings. The majesty, wonder and full sensory detail is captivating. The judgement of the Lord is hard, and yet just when the depravity of the people is described. However, these passages bring me to my knees in thankfulness for Christ Jesus' sacrifice for our sins. Throughout all time the Lord has desired for our return to him. Jesus is the way he has provided for us. Thank you, Lord!

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. But as for those whose hearts are devoted to their vile images and detestable idols, I will bring down on their heads what they have done, declares the Lord." Ezekiel 11:19-21

No comments: